Friday, November 5, 2010

11/5 If Beethoven Played Guitar V3 (Diabelli Waltz)

Diabelli Variations (33 Variations on a Waltz by Anton Diabelli)
Op.120 (1823) (guitar arrangement)

In Volume 3 of my continuing adventures/attempts to arrange Beethoven's music for guitar I decided to jump into the deep end with the Diabelli Variations. These were a good deal harder than the earlier variations since the Diabelli Variations were written for a much wider range of piano (and if you ask Ernst Bloch they weren't even written for that!).  Nonetheless I don't think I mangled it up too badly...

49 minutes, in 4 parts..
(If you are extremely sensitive to MIDI then this may not be for you, but frankly I got used to it so maybe you will too...?)

"If Beethoven Played the Guitar Vol 3: Diabelli Variations"






1 comment:

  1. Hi, many thanks for adding "Daily Mozart" to the music blogs list! :)

    M. Kraus

    ReplyDelete