Friday, June 3, 2011

6/3 Phan's Freestyle Pathetique

I've featured different kinds of dance accompaniments to Beethoven before (1/15 Quartet with Obbligato Dancers and 4/22 Ballet & Beethoven) but this video features yet another approach: improvised "freestyle" dancing in a completely unpremeditated situation between a classical performance of Beethoven's Pathetique and Shawn Phan's "street style" dancing...apparently Beethoven is quite alive and well.  Phat.

"STORY: I walked into a classroom with a guy that was playing classical music. I was never a fan of that genre but for some reason....today....i wanted to dance to it. I asked him if he wanted to JAM and he said, "I'm down." He chose a song I never heard of but that's the cool thing about the art of freestyle and being on the spot and in the moment. One take.
Shawn Phan   Beatrockers"

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment