Saturday, November 20, 2010

11/20 Violin Sonatas 5, 8 and 9 (Mutter/Orkis)

I posted Anne-Sophie Mutter's concert of the Violin Concerto with Karajan a while back.  Since she is doing a bunch of concerts here with the NY Philharmonic this season, I thought I'd dig up a few more of Ms. Mutter's great Beethoven performances.  Here she is with Lambert Orkis interpreting Violin Sonata No.8 in G, Op.30 No.3 (1802), Violin Sonata No.5 in F 'Spring', Op.24 (1801), and Violin Sonata No.9 in A, Op.47 'Kreutzer' (1803) (which I posted once before with Kremer/Argerich).
Violin Sonata 8 - Pt 1-3
Violin Sonata 5 - Pt 4-7
Violin Sonata 9 - Pt 8-12 (the Argerich/Kremer is faster, Orkis /Mutter is a bit more...tango-ish?)
Total Time 1:33

Linklist
I think the only Violin Sonatas missing from here at this point are Nos 1-4, and 10.  Maybe next week?

UPDT: Sonatas 5 and 9 are deleted but you can still hear the works in my color analyses posts:
Sonata 5 "Spring"
Sonata 9 "Kreutzer"

1 comment:

  1. It was a pleasure to hear again the Kreutzer Sonata :) I look forward to reading about the remaining violin sonatas...

    Kraus

    ReplyDelete