Saturday, May 7, 2011

5/7 Beethoven 2 & 3 with Jansons & Dudamel

(Gustavo Dudamel taking flight)

Symphonies 2 and 3 really ushered in the new age of modern music in my opinion. Symphony 2 is a breakneck whirlwind of dynamic 'avant-garde' energy - Symphony 3 takes that energy and makes it Shakespearean, yet still primordial...

Symphony No. 2 in D major, op. 36
Sinfonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks
Mariss Jansons, conductor
Recorded at Herkulessaal, Residenz München, 2007

Symphony 2 (Jansons)

This Symphony 3 "Eroica" is with wunderkind Gustavo Dudamel and the Simon Bolivar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela.  At the end I added a few interview/rehearsal clips...

Symphony 3 (Dudamel)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This is my new favorite version of the Eroica opening. I love what he did with those initial accents; he played them more as a fp rather than sf. Really unique, I don't think I've ever heard that done before.

    ReplyDelete